MASTER PRODUCTION SCHEDULING (MPS)
The Master Production Schedule (MPS) is based on higher-level Production Planning (by Family) and Supports the Business Plan. It provides clarity in the Production Planning process for Marketing, Production and Operations. Ultimately the MPS is the plan which states the requirements for individual end items by date & quantity – it feeds MRP and CRP.
Our consultants can take your business through a process of:
- Reviewing the current Business Plan, Marketing Plan and Production Plan with a focus on projected figures for Product Families.
- Ensuring all three Plans agree in terms of Production.
- Reviewing accuracy and qty of all Current / Outstanding Purchase Orders & Mfg orders. Do they fit the Business Plan? Will they satisfy Demand and so on? Revise if necessary.
- Creating a Master Production Schedule (MPS), a snapshot of the current status of every item in your inventory. The MPS factors in outstanding purchase orders and manufacturing orders.
- Pilot running of the MPS process
- Fine Tuning MPS
- Finalising the Plan for Implementation, Training, Testing and Roll-out
- Completing an MPS Process Guide
- Final Acceptance Testing
- Migrating to the final MPS Process